Archive for the ‘Organic Gardening’ Category
How to prevent pests and diseases?
• Insects, fungi, bacteria and viruses preferentially attack weak plants. Therefore, to prevent, nothing better than to keep them strong and vigorous.
• Buy quality plants, well grown, lush and roots are not crowded.
• inspect it and if they bring disease, pest or wound.
• Native species are more resistant to pests and diseases than exotic species. Use them in your garden.
• If the plant is shade, not sun plants. Example, Hosta burn in full sun most of the day and would be weak. Read the rest of this entry »
• Never allow water wastage.
• Native plants living on rainwater, therefore, little or no watering required, except at the beginning to be watered so well rooted and surviving their first summer.
• With the drip irrigation system saves water and plants make better use of all that comes to be located.
• Water early morning or evening, never in the sun.
• The automatic irrigation controller to water at night can prevent the rapid evaporation of the day from the sun and wind. Read the rest of this entry »