- Scientific or Latin name: Ariocarpus spp.
- Common name or vulgar: Ariocarpus.
- Source: South Texas and Mexico.
- Surprising spineless cactus.
- The Ariocarpus have the same shape and texture of rock, and blend very well with the soil in its habitat.
- They have thorns, and the texture of their skin allows them to reflect the hot sun, give them some insulation in the summer.
1. Buy healthy plants. Note that the producer Cactus and other succulents, to reduce costs, make some phytosanitary treatment. Beware of:
* If you see a red area of skin may mite attack.
* If you appreciate the kind of cotton mealybug, cotton.
* If you take a plant from the pot (this will be worth when you buy small specimens) and the roots of white spots, can be a root mealybug. Do not be confused with hard water residue. Big fish when you can check the factory and go if you are infected, return, or not to buy there.
2. Check plants regularly throughout the year. For example, a worm or a snail can break a fast.